Quidsi owns and operates a family of sites linked together by the promise to make Mom’s life easier with fast, free shipping, award-winning customer care, and one shared cart & checkout. Quidsi continues to redefine e-commerce by changing the way people shop for almost every part of their lives. At Quidsi (Latin for "what if"), we dare to think big and explore every possibility.
We are the mom-centric retail technology company. We understand Mom and deliver delightful experiences, products, and expertise at the moment she needs them. We are the modern mom’s best friend.
Q Through the Years
- Childhood friends and dads Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara start 1800Diapers.com (later reborn as Diapers.com), distributing diapers from their friend and colleague's Long Island garage.
- Bigger digs: We move into our first official office in Montclair, NJ.
- Inc. 500 names Quidsi the 35th fastest-growing private company.
- Cha-ching: Diapers has its first $1 million day on November 30, Cyber Monday.
- We move into a new and bigger office on the Jersey City waterfront, featuring amazing views of NYC plus two snack-stocked kitchens (chocolate-covered raisins, anyone?).
- The end of an errand: Soap.com launches in July.
- Job very well done. We're recognized by STELLAService for our outstanding customer care, and are also named an "elite"; online retailer.
- Woohoo! Quidsi is acquired by equally customer-obsessed Amazon.com for $545 million.
- Pet parents, this one's for you. Wag.com opens in July, making it easier than ever to get pet supplies fast.
- YoYo.com launches in September, and shopping for kids' toys is never the same again.
- We introduce BeautyBar.com--our online destination for luxury beauty--in November.
- Roll out the welcome mat: Casa.com opens in February for all your home needs.
- We add two new sites to the family in October: Vine.com (now known at Vine Market) for natural products and AfterSchool.com for kids' sports and activities.
- Following Hurricane Sandy, Quidsi's donation center helps deliver over a million baby care, personal, and pet essentials to surrounding communities hit hardest by the storm.
- Never run out of toilet paper (or diapers, or shaving cream…) again. We introduce AutoShip, now making it possible (and insanely easy) to schedule recurring deliveries of your essentials.
- The redesigned Diapers.com Baby Registry debuts with new features like Registry Faves, helpful buying guides, and more.
- Wag.com launches Pet Medications with its fulfillment partner VetSource Pharmacy, becoming the first non-pharmacy in the U.S. to legally offer prescriptions.
- Look.com opens in April with more than 150 kids' clothing and shoe brands. Parents breathe a collective sigh of relief at the prospect of avoiding dressing-room drama.
- Be Open Bar (named after one of our Guiding Principles) debuts with bi-weekly corporate happy hours. Happiness ensues.
- Co-founders Marc and Vinit decide to move on to their next big adventures, and Maria Renz joins Quidsi as our new CEO, charged with growing our position as a leading force in the e-comm world.
- Vine.com relaunches as Vine Market.com with a focus on natural and organic groceries.
- It's official: we've gone global. Global Shipping launches, delivering thousands of products to more than 65 countries.
- The bigger, the better! Our office expansion begins, with features including a state-of-the-art user testing facility, fully-equipped gym, and more.
- Quidsi reimagines its mission and guiding principles to become the mom-centric retail technology company, and the modern mom's best friend.
- Ooh, la la. Casa and Look get modern makeovers, including gorgeous new imagery and overhauled navigation.
- The Quidsi Branded Box returns! Diapers, Wag, and Soap orders will once again be delivered in beautiful, iconic packaging that's sure to wow our customers (plus, they make great forts and hideouts for their little ones).
- Maria Renz says goodbye to Quidsi and passes the torch to our own Emilie Arel Scott. Emilie didn't just become our new CEO this year--she also gave birth to her first baby, Ariele! Congrats!
- We've come full circle; Diapers.com celebrates its 10th birthday with 10 days of giveaways and special deals. They grow up so fast, don't they?